1. the figure or symbol 0, which in the Arabic notation for numbers stands for the absence of quantity; cipher.
2. the origin of any kind of measurement; line or point from which all divisions of a scale, as a thermometer, are measured in either a positive or a negative direction.
3. a mathematical value intermediate between positive and negative values.
4. naught; nothing.
5. the lowest point or degree.
6. Linguistics. the absence of a linguistic element, as a
"observers can be zeroed on components."
"signals can be zeroed."
"people can be zeroed."
"observers can be zeroed."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.