1. the cold season between autumn and spring in northern latitudes (in the Northern Hemisphere from the winter solstice to the vernal equinox; in the Southern Hemisphere from the summer solstice to the autumnal equinox).
2. the months of December, January, and February in the U.S., and of November, December, and January in Great Britain.
3. cold weather: a touch of winter in northern Florida.
4. the colder half of the year (opposed to summer).
5. a whole year as represented by this
"wheats can be winter."
"crops can be winter."
"weathers can be winter."
"seasons can be winter."
"months can be winter."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.