1. the act of a person or thing that washes; ablution.
2. clothes, linens, etc., washed or to be washed, especially those washed at one time; wash.
3. Often, washings. any liquid that has been used to wash something.
4. matter removed or carried off in washing something or by the force of water: The washings from numerous spring floods had clogged the mouth of the river.
5. Mining. material, as gold dust, obtained by washing earth, gravel, etc. the deposits so washed.
"machines can be washing."
"linens can be washing."
"waters can be washing."
"terraces can be washing."
"saws can be washing."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.