1. a streak, stripe, or ridge produced on the skin by the stroke of a rod or whip; welt.
2. the vertical rib in knit goods or a chain of loops running lengthwise in knit fabric (opposed to course).
3. the texture or weave of a fabric.
4. Nautical. any of certain strakes of thick outside planking on the sides of a wooden ship. gunwale.
5. Also called breast timber, ranger, waling. Engineering, Building Trades. a horizontal timber or other support for reinforcing various upright member
"stars can be wale."
"directors can be wale."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.