1. to utter a prolonged, inarticulate, mournful cry, usually high-pitched or clear-sounding, as in grief or suffering: to wail with pain.
2. to make mournful sounds, as music or the wind.
3. to lament or mourn bitterly.
4. Jazz. to perform exceptionally well.
5. Slang. to express emotion musically or verbally in an exciting, satisfying way. verb (used with object)
6. to express deep sorrow for; mourn; lament; bewail: to wail the dead; to wail one's fate.
"walls can be wailing."
"people can be wailing."
"noises can be wailing."
"sounds can be wailing."
"sirens can be wailing."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.