1. to walk in water, when partially immersed: He wasn't swimming, he was wading.
2. to play in water: The children were wading in the pool most of the afternoon.
3. to walk through water, snow, sand, or any other substance that impedes free motion or offers resistance to movement: to wade through the mud.
4. to make one's way slowly or laboriously (often followed by through): to wade through a dull book.
5. Obsolete. to go or proceed.
"waist-deeps can be wading."
"birds can be wading."
"backs can be wading."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.