1. a solemn promise, pledge, or personal commitment: marriage vows; a vow of secrecy.
2. a solemn promise made to a deity or saint committing oneself to an act, service, or condition.
3. a solemn or earnest declaration. verb (used with object)
4. to make a vow of; promise by a vow, as to God or a saint: to vow a crusade or a pilgrimage.
5. to pledge or resolve solemnly to do, make, give, observe, etc.: They vowed revenge.
6. to declare solemnly or earnestly; assert emphat
"policies can be vowing."
"punishments can be vowing."
"promises can be vowing."
"freedoms can be vowing."
"disobediences can be vowing."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.