1. a spiral or twisted formation or object.
2. Architecture. a spiral ornament, found especially in the capitals of the Ionic, Corinthian, and Composite orders.
3. Carpentry. a horizontal scrolled termination to the handrail of a stair.
4. Zoology. a turn or whorl of a spiral shell. any of various tropical marine gastropods of the family Volutidae, many species of which have shells prized for their coloration.
5. the spiral casing surrounding the impeller of a volute pump. adjecti
"tendrils can be voluted."
"surfaces can be voluted."
"designs can be voluted."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.