1. a spiral or twisted formation or object.
2. Architecture. a spiral ornament, found especially in the capitals of the Ionic, Corinthian, and Composite orders.
3. Carpentry. a horizontal scrolled termination to the handrail of a stair.
4. Zoology. a turn or whorl of a spiral shell. any of various tropical marine gastropods of the family Volutidae, many species of which have shells prized for their coloration.
5. the spiral casing surrounding the impeller of a volute pump. adjecti
"capitals can be volute."
"headstocks can be volute."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.