1. any chiefly low, stemless or leafy-stemmed plant of the genus Viola, having purple, blue, yellow, white, or variegated flowers.Compare violet family.
2. any such plant except the pansy and the viola.
3. the flower of any native, wild species of violet, as distinguished from the pansy: the state flower of Illinois, New Jersey, and Rhode Island.
4. any of various similar plants of other genera.
5. reddish-blue, a color at the opposite end of the visible spectrum from red, an ef
"eyes can be violet."
"lights can be violet."
"shadows can be violet."
"flowers can be violet."
"skies can be violet."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.