1. a period of suspension of work, study, or other activity, usually used for rest, recreation, or travel; recess or holiday: Schoolchildren are on vacation now.
2. a part of the year, regularly set aside, when normal activities of law courts, legislatures, etc., are suspended.
3. freedom or release from duty, business, or activity.
4. an act or instance of vacating. verb (used without object)
5. to take or have a vacation: to vacation in the Caribbean.
"shutdowns can be vacation."
"properties can be vacation."
"leaves can be vacation."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.