1. to give up possession or occupancy of: to vacate an apartment.
2. to give up or relinquish (an office, position, etc.): to vacate the presidency of a firm.
3. to render inoperative; deprive of validity; void; annul: to vacate a legal judgment.
4. to cause to be empty or unoccupied; make vacant: to vacate one's mind of worries. verb (used without object), vacated, vacating.
5. to withdraw from occupancy; surrender possession: We will
"seats can be vacated by people."
"seats can be vacated."
"posts can be vacated."
"areas can be vacated."
"positions can be vacated."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.