1. having no contents; empty; void: a vacant niche.
2. having no occupant; unoccupied: no vacant seats on this train.
3. not in use: a vacant room.
4. devoid of thought or reflection: a vacant mind.
5. characterized by, showing, or proceeding from lack of thought or intelligence: a vacant answer; a vacant expression on a face.
6. not occupied by an incumbent, official, or the like, as a benefice or office.
7. free from work, business, activity, etc.: vacant hours.
"posts can be vacant since deaths."
"posts can be vacant since dates."
"positions can be vacant since dates."
"posts can be vacant in dates."
"posts can be vacant for months."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.