1. stiff or unyielding; not pliant or flexible; hard: a rigid strip of metal.
2. firmly fixed or set.
3. inflexible, strict, or severe: a rigid disciplinarian; rigid rules of social behavior.
4. exacting; thorough; rigorous: a rigid examination.
5. so as to meet precise standards; stringent: lenses ground to rigid specifications.
6. Mechanics. of, relating to, or noting a body in which the distance between any pair of points remains fixed under all forces; having infi
"worlds can be unrigid."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.