1. to withstand, strive against, or oppose: to resist infection; to resist temptation.
2. to withstand the action or effect of: to resist spoilage.
3. to refrain or abstain from, especially with difficulty or reluctance: They couldn't resist the chocolates. verb (used without object)
4. to make a stand or make efforts in opposition; act in opposition; offer resistance. noun
5. a substance that prevents or inhibits some effect from taking place, as a coat
"heads can be unresisting."
"hands can be unresisting."
"tears can be unresisting."
"shoulders can be unresisting."
"natives can be unresisting."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.