1. past participle of underwrite. underwrite [uhn-der-rahyt, uhn-der-rahyt] /ˌʌn dərˈraɪt, ˈʌn dərˌraɪt/ Spell Syllables verb (used with object), underwrote, underwritten, underwriting.
1. to write under or at the foot of, especially under other written matter.
2. to sign one's name, as to a document.
3. to show agreement with or to support by or as if by signing one's name to, as a statement or decision.
4. to bind oneself to contribute a sum of money to (a
"offerings can be underwritten."
"issues can be underwritten."
"alternatives can be underwritten."
"subscriptions can be underwritten."
"shares can be underwritten."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.