1. the exertion of force upon a surface by an object, fluid, etc., in contact with it: the pressure of earth against a wall.
2. Physics. force per unit area. Symbol:P.Compare stress (def 6).
3. Meteorology. atmospheric pressure.
4. Electricity. electromotive force.
5. the state of being pressed or compressed.
6. harassment; oppression: the pressures of daily life.
7. a constraining or compelling force or influence: the social pressures of city life; financial pressure
"markets can be underpressure."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.