1. lying or situated beneath, as a substratum.
2. fundamental; basic: the underlying cause of their discontent.
3. implicit; discoverable only by close scrutiny or analysis: an underlying seriousness in his witticisms.
4. (of a claim, mortgage, etc.) taking precedence; anterior; prior.
5. Linguistics. belonging to an earlier stage in the transformational derivation of a sentence or other structure; belonging to the deep structure.
"inflations can be underlying."
"rates can be underlying."
"trends can be underlying."
"markets can be underlying."
"shares can be underlying."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.