1. a supply of money or pecuniary resources, as for some purpose: a fund for his education; a retirement fund.
2. supply; stock: a fund of knowledge; a fund of jewels.
3. funds, money immediately available; pecuniary resources: to be momentarily without funds.
4. an organization created to administer or manage a fund, as of money invested or contributed for some special purpose. verb (used with object)
5. to provide a fund to pay the interest or principal of (a debt).
"services can be underfunded for years."
"forces can be underfunded."
"systems can be underfunded."
"pensions can be underfunded."
"funds can be underfunded."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.