1. a coat or jacket worn under another.
2. Zoology. a growth of short fur or hair lying beneath a longer growth.
3. an undercoating.
4. a coat of paint or the like applied under the finishing coat.
5. a paint, sealer, or the like specially prepared for use underneath a finishing coat. verb (used with object)
6. to apply an undercoating to.
"tops can be undercoated."
"glosses can be undercoated."
"backs can be undercoated."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.