1. a loud, explosive, resounding noise produced by the explosive expansion of air heated by a lightning discharge.
2. any loud, resounding noise: the thunder of applause.
3. a threatening or startling utterance, denunciation, or the like.
verb (used without object)
4. to give forth thunder (often used impersonally with it as the subject): It thundered last night.
5. to make a loud, resounding noise like thunder: The artillery thundered in the hills.
6. to utter loud or ve
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.