1. a definite piece of work assigned to, falling to, or expected of a person; duty.
2. any piece of work.
3. a matter of considerable labor or difficulty.
4. Obsolete. a tax or impost. verb (used with object)
5. to subject to severe or excessive labor or exertion; put a strain upon (powers, resources, etc.).
6. to impose a task on.
7. Obsolete. to tax. adjective
8. of or relating to a task or tasks: A task chart will help organize the department's work. Idioms 9. take to
"complexities can be task."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.