1. any of various dark-colored viscid products obtained by the destructive distillation of certain organic substances, as coal or wood.
2. coal-tar pitch.
3. smoke solids or components: cigarette tar. verb (used with object), tarred, tarring.
4. to smear or cover with or as if with tar. adjective
5. of or characteristic of tar.
6. covered or smeared with tar; tarred. Idioms
7. beat / knock/ whale the tar out of, Informal. to beat mercilessly: The thief had knocked the tar o
"itselfs can be tarred with brushes."
"roads can be tarred."
"strings can be tarred."
"roofs can be tarred."
"papers can be tarred."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.