1. serving as a symbol of something (often followed by of).
2. of, relating to, or expressed by a symbol.
3. characterized by or involving the use of symbols: a highly symbolic poem.
4. (in semantics, especially formerly) pertaining to a class of words that express only relations.Compare notional (def 7).
5. Computers. expressed in characters, usually nonnumeric, that require translation before they can be used (opposed to absolute).
"measures can be symbolic at points."
"joggers can be symbolic of violences."
"joggers can be symbolic of tensions."
"words can be symbolic of confusions."
"traditions can be symbolic of presences."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.