verb (used with object)
1. to break, mar, or mark the surface of by rubbing, scraping, or tearing with something sharp or rough: to scratch one's hand on a nail.
2. to dig, scrape, or tear (something) out or off with or as if with the nails, claws, etc.: to scratch the burs off one's coat.
3. to rub or scrape slightly, as with the fingernails, to relieve itching.
4. to rub or draw along a rough, grating surface: to scratch a match on the sidewalk.
5. to erase, cancel, strike out, o
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.