1. the more or less fine debris of rocks, consisting of small, loose grains, often of quartz.
2. Usually, sands. a tract or region composed principally of sand.
3. the sand or a grain of sand in an hourglass.
4. sands, moments of time or of one's life: At this stage of his career the sands are running out.
5. a light reddish- or brownish-yellow color.
6. Informal. courage; pluck.
7. sleeper (def 10). verb (used with object)
8. to smooth or polish with sand, sandpaper, or som
"sites can be sand."
"plenties can be sand."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.