1. authoritative permission or approval, as for an action.
2. something that serves to support an action, condition, etc.
3. something that gives binding force, as to an oath, rule of conduct, etc.
4. Law. a provision of a law enacting a penalty for disobedience or a reward for obedience. the penalty or reward.
5. International Law. action by one or more states toward another state calculated to force it to comply with legal obligations. verb (used with object)
6. to authorize, a
"systems can be sanctioning."
"strategies can be sanctioning."
"tortures can be sanctioning."
"exports can be sanctioning."
"uses can be sanctioning."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.