1. authoritative permission or approval, as for an action.
2. something that serves to support an action, condition, etc.
3. something that gives binding force, as to an oath, rule of conduct, etc.
4. Law. a provision of a law enacting a penalty for disobedience or a reward for obedience. the penalty or reward.
5. International Law. action by one or more states toward another state calculated to force it to comply with legal obligations. verb (used with object)
6. to authorize, a
"bans can be sanctioned by nations."
"parties can be sanctioned."
"federations can be sanctioned."
"scopes can be sanctioned."
"rallies can be sanctioned."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.