1. a small part of anything or one of a number, intended to show the quality, style, or nature of the whole; specimen.
2. Statistics. a subset of a population: to study a sample of the total population.
3. a sound of short duration, as a musical tone or a drumbeat, digitally stored in a synthesizer for playback. adjective
4. serving as a specimen: a sample piece of cloth. verb (used with object), sampled, sampling.
5. to take a sample or samples of; test or judge by a sample.|
"sounds can be sampled."
"notes can be sampled."
"voltages can be sampled."
"snippetses can be sampled."
"practices can be sampled."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.