1. Military. to pay respect to or honor by some formal act, as by raising the right hand to the side of the headgear, presenting arms, firing cannon, dipping colors, etc.
2. to address with expressions of goodwill, respect, etc.; greet.
3. to make a bow or other gesture to, as in greeting, farewell, or respect.
4. to express respect or praise for; honor; commend. verb (used without object), saluted, saluting.
5. Military. to give a salute.
"sloppilies can be saluted."
"seconds can be saluted."
"polices can be saluted."
"officers can be saluted."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.