1. the offering of animal, plant, or human life or of some material possession to a deity, as in propitiation or homage.
2. the person, animal, or thing so offered.
3. the surrender or destruction of something prized or desirable for the sake of something considered as having a higher or more pressing claim.
4. the thing so surrendered or devoted.
5. a loss incurred in selling something below its value.
6. Also called sacrifice bunt, sacrifice hit. Baseball. a bunt made when there are
"animals can be sacrificed."
"kings can be sacrificed."
"bulls can be sacrificed."
"sheeps can be sacrificed."
"railways can be sacrificed."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.