1. having a coarse or uneven surface, as from projections, irregularities, or breaks; not smooth: rough, red hands; a rough road.
2. shaggy or coarse: a dog with a rough coat.
3. (of an uninhabited region or large land area) steep or uneven and covered with high grass, brush, trees, stones, etc.: to hunt over rough country.
4. acting with or characterized by violence: Boxing is a rough sport.
5. characterized by unnecessary violence or infractions o
"people can be rough with people."
"seas can be rough with winds."
"seas can be rough with waves."
"seas can be rough with swells."
"people can be rough on people."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.