1. to repeat (a passage, phrase, etc.) from a book, speech, or the like, as by way of authority, illustration, etc.
2. to repeat words from (a book, author, etc.).
3. to use a brief excerpt from: The composer quotes Beethoven's Fifth in his latest work.
4. to cite, offer, or bring forward as evidence or support.
5. to enclose (words) within quotation marks.
6. Commerce. to state (a price). to state the current price of. verb (used without o
"sources can be quoting."
"officials can be quoting."
"figures can be quoting."
"reports can be quoting."
"files can be quoting."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.