1. to repeat (a passage, phrase, etc.) from a book, speech, or the like, as by way of authority, illustration, etc.
2. to repeat words from (a book, author, etc.).
3. to use a brief excerpt from: The composer quotes Beethoven's Fifth in his latest work.
4. to cite, offer, or bring forward as evidence or support.
5. to enclose (words) within quotation marks.
6. Commerce. to state (a price). to state the current price of. verb (used without o
"premiums can be quoted at cents."
"funds can be quoted at percents."
"rupees can be quoted at levels."
"rates can be quoted at percents."
"rates can be quoted above targets."