1. an informal test or examination of a student or class.
2. a questioning.
3. a practical joke; a hoax.
4. Chiefly British. an eccentric, often odd-looking person. verb (used with object), quizzed, quizzing.
5. to examine or test (a student or class) informally by questions.
6. to question closely: The police quizzed several suspects.
7. Chiefly British. to make fun of; ridicule; mock; chaff.
"victims can be quizzed."
"relentlesslies can be quizzed."
"quarters can be quizzed."
"people can be quizzed."
"candidates can be quizzed."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.