1. to make more rapid; accelerate; hasten: She quickened her pace.
2. to give or restore vigor or activity to; stir up, rouse, or stimulate: to quicken the imagination.
3. to revive; restore life to: The spring rains quickened the earth. verb (used without object)
4. to become more active, sensitive, etc.: This drug causes the pulse to quicken.
5. to become alive; receive life.
6. (of the mother) to enter that stage of pregnancy in which the fetus gives i
"states can be quickened by schools."
"paces can be quickened."
"years can be quickened."
"trades can be quickened."
"sympathies can be quickened."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.