1. to slake, satisfy, or allay (thirst, desires, passion, etc.).
2. to put out or extinguish (fire, flames, etc.).
3. to cool suddenly by plunging into a liquid, as in tempering steel by immersion in water.
4. to subdue or destroy; overcome; quell: to quench an uprising.
5. Electronics. to terminate (the flow of electrons in a vacuum tube) by application of a voltage.
"terylenes can be quenched."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.