1. to shake tremulously; quiver or tremble: He stood there quavering with fear.
2. to sound, speak, or sing tremulously: Her voice quavered a moment and then she regained control.
3. to perform trills in singing or on a musical instrument. verb (used with object)
4. to utter, say, or sing with a quavering or tremulous voice. noun
5. a quavering or tremulous shake, especially in the voice.
6. a quavering tone or utterance.
7. Music (chiefly British)
"voices can be quavering."
"tones can be quavering."
"speeches can be quavering."
"noises can be quavering."
"cries can be quavering."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.