1. a back in football who usually lines up immediately behind the center and directs the offense of the team.
2. the position played by this back.
3. a person who leads or directs a group or activity. verb (used with object)
4. to direct the offense of (a team).
5. to lead or direct: to quarterback a public-relations campaign. verb (used without object)
6. to play the position of quarterback.
"wins can be quarterbacked."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.