1. adapted or appropriate to the purpose or circumstances; fit; suitable: the proper time to plant strawberries.
2. conforming to established standards of behavior or manners; correct or decorous: a very proper young man.
3. fitting; right: It was only proper to bring a gift.
4. strictly belonging or applicable: the proper place for a stove.
5. belonging or pertaining exclusively or distinctly to a person, thing, or group.
6. strict; accurate.
7. in the strict sense
"people can be proper to people."
"people can be proper out theres."
"lines can be proper for hearings."
"forces can be proper for missions."
"endings can be proper to tones."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.