1. done, performed, delivered, etc., at once or without delay: a prompt reply.
2. ready in action; quick to act as occasion demands.
3. quick or alert: prompt to take offense.
4. punctual. verb (used with object)
5. to move or induce to action: What prompted you to say that?
6. to occasion or incite; inspire: What prompted his resignation?
7. to assist (a person speaking) by suggesting something to be said.
8. Theater. to supply (an actor,
"inquiries can be prompted by allegations."
"strings can be prompted in norths."
"attacks can be prompted by incursions."
"ups can be prompted by businesses."
"strings can be prompted by shortages."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.