1. advancement in rank or position.
2. furtherance or encouragement.
3. the act of promoting.
4. the state of being promoted.
5. something devised to publicize or advertise a product, cause, institution, etc., as a brochure, free sample, poster, television or radio commercial, or personal appearance.
6. Also called queening. Chess. the replacement of a pawn that has reached the enemy's first rank by a more powerful piece of the same color, usually a queen.
"activities can be promotion."
"taxes can be promotion."
"managers can be promotion."
"directors can be promotion."
"budgets can be promotion."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.