1. to help or encourage to exist or flourish; further: to promote world peace.
2. to advance in rank, dignity, position, etc. (opposed to demote).
3. Education. to put ahead to the next higher stage or grade of a course or series of classes.
4. to aid in organizing (business undertakings).
5. to encourage the sales, acceptance, etc., of (a product), especially through advertising or other publicity.
6. Informal. to obtain (something) by cunn
"uses can be promoting."
"stabilities can be promoting."
"developments can be promoting."
"trades can be promoting."
"cooperations can be promoting."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.