1. to help or encourage to exist or flourish; further: to promote world peace.
2. to advance in rank, dignity, position, etc. (opposed to demote).
3. Education. to put ahead to the next higher stage or grade of a course or series of classes.
4. to aid in organizing (business undertakings).
5. to encourage the sales, acceptance, etc., of (a product), especially through advertising or other publicity.
6. Informal. to obtain (something) by cunn
"people can be promoted in/at/on years."
"himselfs can be promoted to sides."
"sides can be promoted."
"growths can be promoted."
"clubs can be promoted."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.