1. a declaration that something will or will not be done, given, etc., by one: unkept political promises.
2. an express assurance on which expectation is to be based: promises that an enemy will not win.
3. something that has the effect of an express assurance; indication of what may be expected.
4. indication of future excellence or achievement: a writer who shows promise.
5. something that is promised. verb (used with object), promised, promising.
6. to engage or undert
"lands can be promised."
"reforms can be promised."
"elections can be promised."
"aids can be promised."
"helps can be promised."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.