1. any solid substance reduced to a state of fine, loose particles by crushing, grinding, disintegration, etc.
2. a preparation in this form, as gunpowder or face powder.
3. Also, powder snow. Skiing. loose, usually fresh snow that is not granular, wet, or packed.
verb (used with object)
4. to reduce to powder; pulverize.
5. to sprinkle or cover with powder: She powdered the cookies with confectioners' sugar.
6. to apply powder to (the face, skin, etc.) as a cosmetic.
7. to s
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.