1. a particular portion of space, whether of definite or indefinite extent.
2. space in general: time and place.
3. the specific portion of space normally occupied by anything: The vase is in its place. Every item on the shelf had its place.
4. a space, area, or spot, set apart or used for a particular purpose: a place of worship; a place of entertainment.
5. any part or spot in a body or surface: a decayed place in a tree.
6. a particular passage in a book or writing: to
"organizations can be placed in positions."
"banks can be placed in receiverships."
"people can be placed in custodies."
"names can be placed at tops."
"myselfs can be placed between people."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.