1. a pin, point, or short shaft on the end of which something rests and turns, or upon and about which something rotates or oscillates.
2. the end of a shaft or arbor, resting and turning in a bearing.
3. any thing or person on which something or someone functions or depends vitally: He is the pivot of my life.
4. the person in a line, as of troops on parade, whom the others use as a point about which to wheel or maneuver.
5. a whirling about on one foot.
6. Basketball. the act of
"elements can be pivoted."
"wheels can be pivoted."
"drains can be pivoted."
"chockstones can be pivoted."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.