1. to erect or set up (a tent, camp, or the like).
2. to put, set, or plant in a fixed or definite place or position.
3. to throw, fling, hurl, or toss.
4. Baseball. to deliver or serve (the ball) to the batter. to fill the position of pitcher in (a game): He pitched a no-hitter. He pitched a good game. to choose or assign as a pitcher for a game: The manager pitched Greene the next night.
5. to set at a certain point, degree, level, etc.: He pitched his hopes
"battles can be pitched."
"roofs can be pitched."
"inningses can be pitched."
"tents can be pitched."
"fightings can be pitched."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.