1. a person who robs or commits illegal violence at sea or on the shores of the sea.
2. a ship used by such persons.
3. any plunderer, predator, etc.: confidence men, slumlords, and other pirates.
4. a person who uses or reproduces the work or invention of another without authorization.
5. Also called pirate stream. Geology. a stream that diverts into its own flow the headwaters of another stream, river, etc. verb (used with object), pirated, pirating.
6. to commit piracy upon;
"tapes can be pirate."
"stations can be pirate."
"products can be pirate."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.